At the match

Reluctantly, Dean goes down to the cricket match. That poor kid Johnny, he got sent in to open the batting, he had no idea. The paceman from the other team knocked his block off, third ball of the game. Everybody could see why he goes in last to bat most times.

He was scribbling some notes, but couldn't help notice that Emma was looking at him every now and then.

A friend of hers comes over and asks him "hey, do you want to go out with Emma?"
"Well, I've got all these other offers. Tell her if she reads On The Road, then righto. I thought she was after old mate sports guru here."
"Yeah, that's what I thought too, but a big score here, and he's off to the big smoke. You think he'll care about her there? I don't know why she even came to watch really."
"I just came to write a story about it for the school paper. That's a better story though, the heartbreak of stardom. What a load of crap!"
There is a slight pause between them.
"Anyway, I don't have any other girlfriends, but I don't know if I'm really her type, or anyone's come to think about it..."

About a week passes. Emma comes up to Dean himself this time. "Hey, I read that book, I loved it...my Dad had an old copy. He said he used to be a keen hitchhiker himself. Maybe we could do a trip like that, it would be wild!"

"Wild hey, sounds like my kind of scene. Let's try it some time"

"So you want to go out" she asks him....

YES or NO



No comments:

Post a Comment